Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Refine Waymo’s product vision by owning the strategy and roadmap for key Autonomous Driving Behavior components and presenting updates to executives on a regular basis
- Develop roadmap and determine product requirements, leveraging product insight and technical know-how including Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning as well as build consensus with peers and executives
- Be the voice of the user/product in the execution and collaborate closely with Engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into products that solve real user needs
- Align and work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Operations, System Engineering, and other Waymo teams to bring to market products that save lives and transform transportation
- Thoroughly investigate data from real-world miles collected by our fleet, define requirements and guide the team to make the right trade-offs between capability, engineering complexity and other factors
We'd like you to have:
- A BS degree in Computer Science, engineering, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant product management and engineering experience
- The ability to gather and dissect large quantities of information, identify issues and trends and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision and technical strategy/decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Experience setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment as well as flourish in ambiguity
- Proven ability to dig deep into a problem by utilizing technical tools and deep technical understanding
It's preferred if you have:
- A master’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline, MBA, or equivalent experience in Robotics or Machine Learning
- Prior experience in autonomous vehicles
- Experience delivering products with new technology introduction
- Passion and motivation by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.