Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage centralized eCAD library (Allegro/HDL/IBIS) to support cross-functional teams: EE, SIPI, PD, CAD, DFM
- Automate and optimize the Rigid/Flex/Rigid-Flex PCB design, simulation, review, release, and manufacturing process
- Utilize automation scripts (VBA, Cadence Skill, Python) to administrate the eCAD library; help with footprint version control
- Collaborate closely with PD team for 3D models and handle eCAD models for the electro-mechanical parts
- Work with component engineers (CES) to complete the part request cycle in PLM system. Cooperate with CEs to ensure the accurate parameters inputs in PLM system
- Knowledge of mCAD library to support IDX exchange between eCAD and mCAD
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of Cadence or related eCAD librarian experience
- Full product design release experience with Cadence tools
- Automation scripts (VBA, Cadence Skill, Python)
- Hand-on experience in schematic and layout symbol creation
- BS in EE or ME
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in SOC package design process and related Cadence tools
- Fundamentals in ME and EE design
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.