Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully autonomous driving technology. Our software allows the Waymo Driver to perceive the world around it, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you will
- Investigate and develop machine learning models to detect, understand and localize sounds which affect the behavior of the vehicle.
- Fuse audio information with camera, lidar and other sensor data.
- Work on deployment of these models on a large fleet of Waymo vehicles.
- Integrate new audio sensors and collaborate with the hardware team on the next generation sensor platforms.
We’d like you to have at a minimum
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning projects.
- C++ and/or Python programming skills.
It’s preferred if you have:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning, audio/speech recognition or a related field.
- Extensive experience in deep learning.
- Industry research and/or production experience.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.