Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Collaborate closely with engineering, operations, and other product managers to balance short and long term approaches to remotely monitor a fleet of driverless vehicles, and own the engineering roadmap towards that vision
- Make technical and operational prioritization decisions across a complex system that simultaneously depends on hardware, software and human factors
- Investigate issues arising from different sources, including operations, software, and hardware; perform root-cause analysis and identify systemic issues
- Partner with engineering, operations, and finance to develop and organize a scalable workforce
At the minimum we'd like you to have:
- Interest in solving highly cross-functional technical / organizational issues
- Ability to think about the long-term, and then decompose that vision into concrete, actionable plans
- Desire to understand detailed technical and operational processes, hunger to improve processes, and a hands-on, detailed oriented approach to working with engineering and operations
- Strong product design skills, with an eye towards building functional, efficient user experiences
- Fluent in both retrieving and analyzing data, proficient in SQL
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience in management consulting or operations excellence
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.