Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our Driver may be autonomous, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Maintain the company’s budgeting and forecasting tools and processes for various business teams
- Conduct different deal analysis, including consideration of strategic alternatives, contract review and revision of key financial terms
- Engaging with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decision support including items such as deal review, PO approvals and TVC requests
- Working with cost center owners to develop and maintain rolling monthly and annual forecasts and understand sources of variances and uncertainty
- Become a subject matter expert on all of Waymo’s finance systems, tools and processes. Including Planning Analytics forecasting tool, SAP ERP system, Waymo’s P2P tools and all other processes that enable our Finance team
- Manage Waymo’s annual planning process and the development of budgets on an annual cycle, which will prioritize our resources and provide guidance to the business
- Preparing executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Stellar business acumen with strong financial modeling skills and familiarity with financial statements
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and influence outcomes
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Proven analytical and project management skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.