Mountain View, California, United States
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As Waymo becomes a multi-product company, Trucking will be our second largest opportunity and will see massive growth in 2020 as we tackle the unique challenges that it presents. We believe that commercial trucking, the backbone of our economy, stands to reap untold benefits by deploying autonomous trucks, particularly during long-haul stretches. Roads will be safer. Goods will be cheaper. Truckers will be called upon to use their skills in new ways while the truck itself becomes a trusted navigation partner.
In this role, you will:
- Fuse modern ML techniques with traditional robotics methods to interpret difficult construction situations.
- Design a reliable software system in an unsolved domain.
- Build a robust system, and deploy it to a fleet of autonomous trucks.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on experience in robotics, computer vision, or machine learning projects
- C++ programming skills.
It’s preferred if you have:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in computer vision, machine learning, or a related field.
- Experience in deep learning for computer vision.
- Expertise with tracking algorithms or SLAM.
- Industry research or production experience in robotics.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.