Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
Technical Fleet Operations is a dynamic team tasked with maintaining Waymo’s autonomous driving fleet. Our role is critical in ensuring fleet uptime and safety. This is achieved by installing, repairing, and troubleshooting custom built computers, high-tech self driving sensors and modules. Our team works closely with engineers and other teams to ensure the proprietary technology can progress rapidly. Excellent communication and teamwork are fundamental aspects of our culture.
In this role you'll:
- Service and troubleshoot Self-driving Systems, components and integrated sensor stacks using internal proprietary tools. Run scripts in Linux operating systems to test components and determine the root cause of issues
- Diagnose OEM base vehicle systems and components using manufacturer provided software and tools
- Be familiar with OEM maintenance items, including: brake systems, oil change intervals, tire replacement/wear indicators, HV coolant systems, HVAC recovery, on-board modules and OBD communication.
- Record all repair work through excellent documentation practices and clear communication.
- Provide remote field support, up to 25% of the time
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 4 years of experience in automotive repair/testing or equivalent in similar field such as heavy diesel mechanic or a fleet marine technician or aviation technician.
- Excellent Diagnostic troubleshooting/experience with OEM systems
- Experience working with HV/hybrid systems
- Experience running scripts and working with Linux based systems
- Ability to adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays, weekends, shift rotations and overtime when needed. AM shifts generally begin around 5am and include a weekend shift, with specific schedules to be set by your manager.
- Must be willing and able to travel on short notice to support fleet needs - could be up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this role, which are listed below.
- Experience working in a matrix organization, thrives working in a rapidly changing and evolving environment, independently and with cross functional teams.
It's preferred if you have:
- ASE Master Tech certification and/or manufacturer certifications, including L3 - Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Test.
- Knowledgeable regarding optimization of fleet maintenance and OEM maintenance items.
- Diagnostic experience with embedded modules, self driving systems and sensor stacks.
Essential Job Function Physical Requirements (Physical Task - Frequency):
- Lift up to 50 lbs from 30 min to 5 hrs per day - Occasionally/Frequently (40%)
- Carry up to 50 lbs from 30 min to 5 hrs per day - Occasionally/Frequently (40%)
- Push up to 50 lbs - Occasionally (25%)
- Pull up to 50 lbs - Infrequently (5%)
- Stand (at a time and total in shift) - Constantly/Frequently (70%)
- Walk (at a time and total in shift) - Constantly/Frequently (70%)
- Climb ladder - Occasionally (30%)
- Crouch or Kneel - Occasionally/Frequently (30%)
- Crawl - Infrequent (5%)
- Stoop - Occasionally/Frequently (20%)
- Reach overhead - Occasionally (30%)
- Reach below waist level - Frequently (50%)
- Reach at desk/waist level - Frequently (50%)
- Use lower extremities to operate foot controls - Frequently (50%)
- Simple grasp - Constantly (75%)
- Firm grasp - Frequently (50%)
- Fine manipulation - Frequently (50%)
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.