Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you’ll:
- Hire, train, and mentor top notch engineers and managers to enhance the capabilities and increase the capacity of an existing team
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion and respect and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- Lead the team to develop the requirements and verification of the sensing and perception systems.
- Lead the team to contribute to the overall architecture and design of the sensing-perception stack, by driving alignment on proposed requirements, conducting trade studies and analyzing field data
- Lead the team to develop or improve the team’s tools and processes as a way to amplify the contributions of each team member, for example by developing simulation based verification techniques
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3 or more years direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and lead high performing teams
- 3 or more years experience designing, building, or testing sensing or perception systems
- 10 or more years of engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant Engineering or related field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- SW development experience (including C/C++, Python)
- Strong foundation in system engineering principles such as requirements definition, formal verification and validation methods
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.