Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage a team of both full-time employees and contingent workers, ensuring they are focused on the current priorities
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to drive measurable improvements to top-line metrics
- Partner with offshore leads to ensure deliverables of outsourced projects
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress and team performance to direct management
- Identify process improvements and partner with Product and Engineering to define and implement enhancements
- Set priorities of daily work and operations to match business goals, and adapt appropriately to respond to real time changes
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical, or business discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years project/program management experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- Strong technical abilities - able to work closely with software engineers
- Excellent project manager with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Detail oriented, versatile, innovative, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
It’s preferred if you have:
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Basic/fundamental SQL querying
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.