Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Want to build the next generation infrastructure for managing fleets of driverless cars? Join the Waymo Fleet Infrastructure team in San Francisco and help design the future of transportation!
Fleet Infrastructure Engineering is a cooperative and tight-knit group in charge of building the systems that will manage and optimize a large fleet of truly driverless vehicles - something that has never been done before. We are a diverse group of talented Software Engineers, and we need more curious and collaborative people to help us build this system from the ground up.
We are looking for passionate engineers who want to invent new systems to manage Waymo’s ever-growing fleet of autonomous vehicles. We have opportunities to contribute up and down the stack (backend and frontend).
In this role, you’ll:
- Design and build systems to enable Waymo’s Operations team to do their work
- Collaborate and work closely with other teams at Waymo, including other software, hardware and product teams to deliver a system that optimizes for Waymo and all its needs as a whole
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Experience with C++ (or a willingness to learn) and/or front end web development
- Passion for infrastructure work: building internal tools, frameworks, and libraries.
It’s preferred if you have:
- MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and architecting large-scale, production quality systems; navigating a large code base
- Strong front end web development background
- Experience with data analytics, logging, or experiment frameworks
- Experience with building data pipelines & storage
- Excellent communication skills - both technically with other engineers, and with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience or interest in a cross-functional environment - we work with many different roles to build solutions for Waymo, our problem spaces typically require more than just software
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.