Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and execute simulation-based tests to explore, verify, and validate autonomous driving system behavior and performance, discover issues, and identify root causes
- Analyze and evaluate simulated and real-world driving data.Measure performance relative to system requirements and identify trends
- Write scripts for data analysis or data pipeline processing automation. Author comprehensive test plans, procedures, and reports
- Help develop simulation-based testing methodologies that improve Waymo’s testing efficiency. Maintain focus on automation and scalability.
- Identify and communicate where better testing can help the team move faster
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive issues to resolution
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Robotics, Math, Physics, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of hands-on experience testing, troubleshooting, or debugging air/ground/space vehicle systems or complex software systems
- Data analysis skills (e.g. using Python, SQL, R, MATLAB, or similar), including using large datasets
- Experience with simulation and modeling of physical hardware/software systems
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience as a Test or Systems Engineer for complex or mission critical systems
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or other data-driven modeling techniques
- Experience with Linux or Unix based systems
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.