Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assess near-term and long-term network infrastructure needs of the business
- Design, deploy, operate and maintain network solutions including WAN, LAN, and indoor/outdoor WiFi services
- Identify, evaluate, select, review statement of works, and manage external network integrator and service providers
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for requirements, design, and implementation of network solutions
- Work closely with IT service owner and project management office to employ best practices in delivering network solutions and services
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 15+ years of working experience in information technology infrastructure management and service delivery
- 5+ years of LAN, WAN, WLAN, Mobility wireless and WWAN design and implementation
- 5+ Network capacity planning, security principles, and management best practices
- Hands-on technical knowledge of cloud computing platforms
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
It’s preferred if you have:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.