Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you’ll:
- Have a ground-floor opportunity to apply your broad-based HR shared services knowledge and experience to set and drive the overall strategy for Waymo’s HR Operations function, scaling it to meet our evolving needs.
- Have hands-on engagement in and accountability for the delivery of existing HR services in addition to building out new ones over time, such as benefits, leave and immigration administration capabilities, with the support of third party providers as needed.
- Provide HR services to both existing and new Waymo locations around the world, establishing compliant HR policies and practices in each location, and playing a key role in setting up new business sites from an HR perspective.
- Manage a team of amazing HR program managers and specialists responsible for delivering day to day operational support to the employee base from onboarding to offboarding, while investing in each team member’s ongoing professional development.
- Partner cross-functionally to support and serve as the operational arm of Waymo’s HR Business Partners and People Programs teams.
- Apply your general business acumen, along with your data analysis and influencing skills, to continuously improve Waymo’s HR programs, processes and employee experience.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience in HR service delivery management and/or related human resources consulting.
- 4+ years of direct people management experience.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience establishing HR processes and infrastructure in a high-growth organization, leveraging broad HR domain expertise.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence stakeholders across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated analytical and structured problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent executive communication and presentation skills, with the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and turn them into stories that spark and influence an audience of senior leaders.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.