Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with operations and program managers to develop and continuously improve vendor outsourcing strategy and operational execution. Work with outsourced partners to support continuous innovation, growth and evolution of our programs.
- Manage relationships with vendors to meet service needs from Operations.
- Lead periodic vendor strategy and operations business reviews for the programs supported by your site and address service delivery needs.
- Lead operational efficiency programs and milestones, coordinating their planning and implementation with the core operations teams. Track and audit customer success metrics, ensuring their compliance with the SLAs, reviewing findings and recommendations with operational leadership.
- Manage vendor budget effectively (fixed & variable costs). This includes monitoring purchase orders, invoicing etc. to ensure that quarterly plans are met. And, ensuring vendor invoices are submitted correctly and paid on time.
- Verify vendors are fully compliant with all confidentiality and other agreements, as well as our Supplier Code of Conduct, and effectively manage escalations within and across internal and partner teams.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 5 years work experience in managing relationships with multiple vendors across multiple territories/states.
- 10 years of work experience in operations management, transportation, logistics or automotive industry, involving managing relationships with third parties/indirect workforce.
- Experience in outsourcing strategy consulting and/or managing relationships with outsourced vendors in a multi program hub.
- Organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience in operations and/or a logistics industry and/or transportation industry.
- Great communication skills, including a track record of successful presentation to senior management/executives
- Passion for customer experience, mobility and support outsourcing.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
It's preferred if you have:
- MBA preferred
- Experience in vendor relationship management/outsourcing for transportation and support programs.
- Experience with contract negotiation or management
- Experience managing multiple complex sales programs within an outsourced vendor environment.
- Experience with stakeholder management and operating in a matrix organization.
- Experience in AV industry or fleet management
- Developed analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills.
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington, Maine, Utah, Hawaii, Georgia, Oregon, Ohio. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.