Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Represent Waymo’s Security Team to internal product, eng, and operational stakeholders and across manufacturing and supply chain partners, documenting processes, identifying risks to Waymo’s intellectual property and confidential business information, and securing Waymo’s operations
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement policies and to drive product initiatives to protect Waymo’s sensitive information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use
- Conduct insider risk assessments to recommend control, mitigation or risk transfer strategies
- Develop processes and collect and analyze information to evaluate, respond to, and recover from events and trends
- Prepare and deliver reports briefings to executive leadership and other stakeholders about insider risk developments and trends
- Create and deliver training on the protection of confidential information
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, equivalent field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of work experience and 2+ years working in a related field -- insider risk / threat, intelligence, counter-intelligence, corporate security, investigations
- Experience in security industry, technology or media company, transportation or logistics, government
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills and experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to take charge, to interact confidently with all levels, to set objectives, and to drive results while working as a team player and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments
- Curiosity and inventive thinking that thrives in ambiguous situations
It’s preferred if you have:
- Data analysis skills with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to identify potential threats to sensitive company information
- Proficiency in Google G Suite
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.