Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with senior Operations leadership to prioritize and create programs to respond to the most important strategic & operational questions for the team
- Take complex program goals and timelines and distill into clear, actionable plans that enable Operations teams and cross-functional partners to achieve its goals
- Seek out and utilize best practices in program management and process improvement in a technical and fast-paced environment
- Communicate plans and priorities clearly and systematically across teams and working groups
- Improve organizational processes and cadences through strong, metric oriented, goal-setting, roadmaps, and timelines
- Ability to set clear metrics and targets through which to track success on technical topics
- Take interest in and improve the communications of and team understanding of priorities, progress, and individual impact on the organization and company’s biggest
- Develop productive cross-functional relationships with senior leadership in Product, Business Operations, Partnerships, Finance & Engineering
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in a combination of program management, business operations, or strategic roles (strategy consulting, business operations, logistics, transportation operations, or equivalent fields)
- Comfort shaping ambiguous questions into clear frameworks & analysis
- Distinctive problem solving, analysis skills and business judgment. Comfort with metric setting modeling, reporting and strong written and verbal communication skills on complex topics.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data to wide audiences, including executives, and build clear, concise presentations
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel, Powerpoint and other similar tools
- Comfort leading leadership level decision making
- Get stuff done mentality and proven operational effectiveness
It's preferred if you have:
- Program Management experience for 5+ years at the leadership level
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.