Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with senior Operations leadership to answer the most important strategic & operational questions for the team
- Develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and long term resource needs
- Take amorphous problem statements and develop clear frameworks and project plans from analysis to implementation across a range of topics
- Conduct rigorous quantitative, qualitative, strategic and operational analysis
- Define KPIs & success metrics for the Operations team
- Develop productive cross-functional relationships with senior leadership in Product, Business Operations, Partnerships, Finance & Engineering
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles (strategy consulting, business operations, logistics, transportation operations, or equivalent fields)
- Comfort shaping ambiguous questions into clear frameworks & analysis
- Distinctive problem solving, analysis skills and business judgment. Comfort with data modeling, reporting and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data to wide audiences, including executives, and build clear, concise presentations
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel and other tools
- Comfort leading leadership level decision making
- Get stuff done mentality and proven operational effectiveness
- MBA or advanced degree in operations management
- Experience in strategy consulting or operations leadership in the logistics or transportation field
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.