Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Effectively manage a team of sourcers. This includes but is not limited to: setting expectations and coaching team members, providing tactical, day to day direction, leading by example to ensure data integrity in the ATS, pointing out issues in order to enable course corrections and providing developmental feedback
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Waymo's roles, staffing best practices and workflows and thoroughly document work in the applicant tracking system
- Subject matter expert mentoring and coaching others on creative strategies, best practices and tools.
- Communicate and build relationships with sourced candidates to best represent the Waymo teams and culture
- Act as a brand ambassador for Waymo, effectively communicating and championing our value proposition to attract and close highly sought after candidates
- Demonstrate thought leadership with competitive intel and talent assessments.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3+ years of relevant recruiting or sourcing team management experience
- 6+ years of relevant recruiting or sourcing experience/working with candidates and clients
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong ability inspiring followership and scaling a sourcing team. .
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- 4+ years recruiting or in-house sourcing experience, preferably in the technology industry
- 4+ years mentoring and coaching experience
- 4+ years meeting or exceeding metrics
- Experience sourcing for niche or highly technical roles
- Experience working and developing strategy with executive leadership teams, providing sound judgement
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.