Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Global Supply Manager role, you'll:
- Identify, develop, negotiate and manage existing and further development of suppliers, both for short term and long term
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
- Schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet development and production demands
- Evaluate technical and business risks using data based analysis and develop sound risk mitigation alternatives. Provide cross-functional support with industrial design, HW Engineering, legal, finance and operations
- Perform cost modeling, negotiation and execution of part and assembly cost strategy
- Drive communication between suppliers and engineering
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in procurement and product launches, along with in-depth knowledge about product development, manufacturing and supply chain management
- At least one product ramp: development to production
- Contract negotiation experience, as well as tracking and negotiating component and module level costs
- International experience, particularly in Asia, and the ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross functionally with industrial design, development, legal and operations
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with cameras or other electromechanical modules
- Demonstrated success working in multinational environments and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.