Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this recruiting lead role you'll:
- Partner with software hiring teams to set and execute on the hiring strategy across a technical area critical to Waymo’s overall growth and success
- Represent Staffing through deep relationships with software leadership and provide a holistic view of the pipeline and projections from new grads to industry and across a variety of job profiles
- Mentor and inspire a technical recruiting team to deliver results, while effectively communicating all critical dimensions of staffing business plans with leadership teams and support organizations
- Run high-touch leadership searches in partnership with internal stakeholders and potentially external agencies to manage and close critical technical talent for Waymo
- Scale and improve upon existing recruiting practices and processes; optimizing for speed and quality of engineering hires
- Be committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, including participation in driving equity, inclusion, and diversity initiatives within the recruiting process
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of technical recruiting experience and 5+ years of in-house (corporate or start-up) recruiting experience required
- 5+ years of experience in in-house technical recruiting management with demonstrated success in building out, leading, and developing teams of high-performing recruiting professionals at all levels
- Adept at influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data while managing a complex set of stakeholders; must be comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get things done in tandem with participating in deeply complex strategy discussions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers and trends
- Experience closing senior-level candidates and negotiating complex compensation packages
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Deep network of talent from past recruiting experience
- Experience working at a rapidly growing start-up
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.