Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, build, document, maintain, and improve recruiting and people team processes to deliver great candidate and employee experiences, collaborating with functional People Team roles where beneficial.
- Provide an outstanding employee experience to Waymo employees in response to questions about people programs such as onboarding, transfers, offboarding.
- Create and track key performance metrics, and use this data to provide actionable insights on how to improve our people programs
- Organize, plan and execute large-scale projects.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 2+ years of experience in an operations, analyst or coordination role, preferably in a high growth and changing environment.
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements.
- Proven project management skills and experience contributing to the design and owning the delivery of specific action items on behalf of a company-wide program, with a bias for action and strong execution.
It's preferred if you have:
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance, independence and flexibility.
- A technical bent and experience doing analytics, coding, and working with systems to improve business processes or experience with six sigma/kaizen process efficiency.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.