Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Architect, design, and build compute modules and systems
- Design and execute design validation plans for boards and systems
- Debug and triage failed units from the field
- Own board and system bring-up
- Lead partners in software, mechanical engineering, and design validation, etc. for the success of the project
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent technical communication skills
- 10+ years PCB design experience - schematic capture, board layout, manufacturing, test/debug
- Familiarity with computer architecture, networking, and communication buses, such as CAN, I2C, SPI, MIPI, DDR, and PCIe
- Experience with lab bring-up, triage of complex electronic systems, and manufacturing testing
- Familiarity with Python, C++, and Linux environments
It's preferred if you have:
- 10+ years product experience
- Experience designing for automotive environments
- Familiarity with Altium and/or Cadence PCB CAD tools
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.