Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Architect, design, and build compute modules and systems
- Manage and own electrical designs from concept to npi to production
- Own board and system bring-up
- Lead partners in software engineering, mechanical engineering, and design validation to ensure project success
- Work with TPMs, GSMs, CMs, and the manufacturing team to ensure high-quality, on-time, and on-budget builds
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years driving full system product development, from concept to production, including: architecture, program planning, design, validation, and manufacturing
- 8+ years PCB design experience - schematic capture, board layout, manufacturing, test, debug, bring-up
- Understanding of software and mechanical implications of HW design decisions
- Experience with computer architecture, networking, and communication buses, such as CAN, I2C, SPI, MIPI, Ethernet, DDR, and PCIe
- Familiarity with Python, C++, and Linux environments
It's preferred if you have:
- 10+ years of product experience
- Experience designing for automotive environments
- Familiarity with Altium and/or Cadence PCB CAD tools
- Fluency in Python, C++, and Linux environments
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.