Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Take responsibility for multiple existing or potential readiness methodologies. Understand the data and lead cross-functional team across software, hardware, policy, legal, user research, communications, operations to build the roadmap for this methodology and align senior engineering, product, safety, legal, and policy stakeholders on the proposed approach.
- Help make our readiness framework more robust by understanding industry landscape and identifying opportunities to improve our readiness approach
- Determine how we will adapt our readiness approach to multiple neighborhoods and cities as we scale.
We'd like you to have:
- Highly capable generalist PM, with ability to engage with stakeholders across every discipline within the company
- Extremely clear communicator, capable of taking complex, ambiguous problems and distilling into a logical, MECE framework
- Proven track record of effective cross-functional execution
- Ability to engage in deeply technical / analytical / statistical topics, and get into the weeds when needed
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or related field
- Experience / exposure to system safety, systems engineering
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.