Product Manager, Software Scalability
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Defining the roadmap for territory expansion:
- At an individual city level - what should our sequencing of neighborhoods be based on factors like technical capabilities, market understanding, and evaluation of various data sources all while creating vision and narrative for cross-functional alignment.
- At a macro level - how do we characterize cities and compare geographies across many dimensions that relate to our software or hardware capabilities and think through a holistic approach on how to prioritize various markets?
- Work on building frameworks for:
- Which territories are we able to expand into today, without any software work given our current capabilities?
- To expand into new territory, what software work is needed and what are the operational criteria that will allow us to get there?
- Owning key end to end playbooks for:
- Executing on various territory expansion initiatives - Work with a set of xfn leads in operations, mapping, engineering and data science to both collect data, conduct analyses and develop how we start to generate a deeper engineering understanding of scalability.
- Building our mileage budgets - Develop a clear understanding of larger engineering initiatives across the full self-driving stack and translating top level goals to operational asks. Develop understanding on where we have bottlenecked resources and provide clear transparency to stakeholders and leadership.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in product management
- Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan
- Good at problem stating and problem solving, and driving them to solutions and ensuring alignment with cross-functional stakeholders
- Flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment
- Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience (e.g. management consulting)
- Working knowledge of statistical and analytical tools (SQL/Dremel, Python)
- Experience with operational processes
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.