Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Lead highly-visible cross-functional teams of business function leads (eg. Legal, Insurance, People, Business Systems, Tech) to deliver programs across Waymo
- Drive end-to-end programs from business need to launch
- Represent the program to senior leadership and partner with them in closing out major issues
- Prioritize / manage / drive issues, risks and dependencies; resolve alignments with overall scope and schedule
- Proactively identify and eliminate risks
- Keep stakeholders across Waymo informed and aligned
- Represent the team and drive creation or improvements in cross-functional processes
- Prioritize projects across strategic business objectives
At the minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical field
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management or Program Management in a technical domain
- Exceptional communication skills. Influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a highly complex, always-changing environment
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience working directly with leadership across a variety of initiatives
- Experience driving organizational change
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.