Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Refine Waymo’s product vision by owning the strategy and roadmap for simulated agents, a critical component of simulation realism
- Develop roadmap and determine product requirements, leveraging product insight and technical know-how including Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and traditional roboticist techniques as well as build consensus with peers and executives
- Be the voice of the sim agent user in the execution and collaborate closely with Engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into features and agent capabilities that solve real user needs
- Align and work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Operations, System Engineering, and other Waymo teams to bring to market products that save lives and transform transportation
- Thoroughly investigate data from simulation and collected from logs from the Waymo fleet to understand requirements, define KPIs, and guide the team to make the right trade-offs between capability, engineering complexity and other factors
We'd like you to have:
- A Masters, or PhD, in business, engineering, or another technical field
- A background in an engineering discipline, either hardware or software
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, including data analysis and telling compelling stories with data
It's preferred if you have:
- A MBA or management consulting experience
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Experience in robotics or autonomous vehicles specifically
- Experience with simulation
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.