Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
As a Product Operations Manager, you will partner with Operations Leadership, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers to envision, build and execute on a variety of strategic initiatives needed to enable a delightful experience for riders and customers in Autonomous transportation modalities and to help Waymo operate safely, efficiently, and at scale in three exciting industries: ride hailing, trucking, and delivery. This is a critical, senior-level position in which you will be expected to imagine customer needs and convenience in a fully driverless world, anticipate distinct challenges and opportunities of operating a reliable and safe commercial service in big cities and iterate on customer facing offerings through a mix of data, user studies, and market research.
In this senior-level position, you will:
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers and Operations teams to envision, prioritize, and execute the long-term strategy and near-term roadmap for feature set and tools that enable seamless user and business experience built around Waymo autonomous driving technology.
- Drive process improvement and automation strategies to help ensure the efficient and scalable operations to run commercial ride hailing and delivery services.
- Work with User Experience Team, Product Managers and Engineering to design and run test sessions to tease out potential user experience, feature usability, shortcomings and improvement roadmap.
- Write high-quality strategy and business requirements documents to convey operational needs to Product & Engineering teams.
- Lead cross-functional stakeholder groups (Operations, Product, Eng, TPM, Legal, Security, etc.) on go-to-market plans for new product and feature launches.
- Continually refine and improve the technology that supports Waymo Operations through internal and external customer feedback and an agile build-test-learn-iterate framework.
- Regularly present your work to Waymo leadership and various stakeholder groups.
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Operations Management, Product Management, Technical Program Management, or Strategy and Operations at a relevant technology company.
- Understanding of, and experience driving, software development life-cycle (requirements, design, development, test, release, and post-launch analysis) and ability to contribute to architecture and system design discussions.
- Highly analytical: Comfortable pulling data and modeling business problems in Excel and leveraging data to derive actionable insights to manage a business area.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous startup environment.
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex technical projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results on time.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Degree(s) in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
- MBA from a top-ranked program
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.