Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with designers, engineers, researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this 3D Design Visualization Lead role, you'll:
- Work closely with design leads and producers to define plans that deliver visualisations and animations on time and budget for all programs
- Work closely with design and the digital modeling teams, plan and produce high end visualisations to support the design development process
- Constantly review and update design assets, tools and processes to help maintain a competitive standing
- Bring a proactive approach to offer new methods of working and developing design assets, environments and scenes
- Produce high end renderings and animations to support the design process, Waymo cross functional reviews, PR and Marketing requirements
- Manage 3D data files organized and up to date
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- In-depth understanding of various visualisation tools and processes
- Experience working with cross-functional & diverse teams (both internal teams and external agencies)
- Proven ability in producing high end visuals and animations
- Comprehensive knowledge of data management to support renderings, animations and VR
- In depth knowledge of VRED, C4D, Alias, Photoshop and Unreal
- Strong portfolio of visuals and animations within the automotive and product design environment desirable
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.