Los Angeles, California, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Translate system needs into radar requirements and detailed design
- Perform radar architecture trade studies
- Develop waveforms and signal processing approaches to achieve radar system goals
- Coordinate with software and firmware teams to develop efficient implementations of radar signal processing
- Derive calibration requirements, design calibration infrastructure and algorithms
- Develop insightful system verification tests that span the range of radar integration stages, including individual units, fully integrated on self-driving vehicles, and fleet wide data mining
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or other technical field (advanced degree preferred)
- 5 years of experience in radar design, signal processing, probability and statistics, and algorithm development
- Experience with radar verification and validation, including test design and results documentation
- Proficiency with MATLAB and C/C++
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.