Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully autonomous driving technology. Our software allows the Waymo Driver to perceive the world around it, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you'll:
- Design and implement data and control flow needed to integrate new radar into the autonomous driving system
- Develop, deploy, and optimize custom hardware drivers
- Develop novel calibration processes involving multiple sensors and actuation stages in the loop
- Analyze data collected from sensor systems and develop tools to help do so
- Support sensor manufacturing by customizing existing systems to improve test integration, assembly tracking, and reporting pipelines
- Support FPGA, DSP, and ASIC development and programming teams
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS or MS in CS, EE, Physics, or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of C++ or Python programming experience
- Proficient in numerical analysis and data visualization with tools such as Matlab, NumPy, or Matplotlib
It’s preferred if you have:
- PhD in Computer Science, Physics, or related field or research experience
- Experience building quantitative numerical models of physical devices
- Experience with Linux programming and driver development
- Comfort with C++ programming if Python is your primary coding language
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.