Dallas, Texas, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
The Waymo Via Product Operations Manager role, within the larger Waymo Trucking Operations team, is the glue amongst Product, Engineering, Strategy, Business Development and Operations to ensure the launch and smooth operations of Waymo’s growing trucking business. As a Product Operations Manager for autonomous trucking business line, you will hand in hand with cross-functional partners oversee the scaling, operational strategic decisions, automation/tooling with the goal to advance the product, business and company OKRs for this segment. You’ll work closely with subject matter experts to understand current product, operations and partnership status, and then build innovative, strategic, automated, scalable solutions to improve Waymo’s ability to rapidly grow and expand the business as the market leader.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define and prioritize new product features and operations initiatives to improve processes and performance
- Strategize and plan for the upcoming missions and required tasks for the Waymo Trucking go-to-market and test drive plans
- Enable tools, systems and processes to manage trucking fleet, software configurations and associated hardware (embedded computers, tracking, detection and perception systems)
- Proactively collaborate, build operational strategies and establish operational cadences to identify program needs and bottlenecks with right level of communications to leadership
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Improve product feature offerings by operational feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering, requiring travel on need basis - can be up to 20% or more
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in data set analysis, identifying patterns, gaps and right instrumentation to solve business problems.
- Experience in creating compelling storyline, visualizations with presentations, underlying charts, and effective documentation
- Experience in Product Management, Product Commercialization, Technical Program Management and Operations.
It's preferred if you have:
- 5 years of hands-on operational experience in transportation or logistics product/process development, MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience identifying business and operational needs, defining, and enabling technical solutions to address business requirements in a startup environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines; excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to pull data from various sources and provide insights on that data
- A team player with a positive attitude; excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.