Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Waymo Policy and Government Affairs team has a front seat in this exciting moment in the evolution of autonomous driving technology, transportation and tech policy. Successful navigation of the policy landscape is critically important to deploying and scaling our business. Our team works directly with policymakers and third party groups at the national, state and local levels to help advance transportation policy, educate on the safety benefits of the technology, and advance consumer awareness and acceptance. Internally, our efforts support the innovative work of engineering, product, strategy, and partnerships teams, and we work closely with highly-skilled legal and safety experts.
In this role, you’ll:
- Serve as primary point of contact for organizing and hosting of high level political delegations, including managing logistics and process flow for VIPs, elected officials and dignitaries visiting an office.
- Coordinate and manage process for internal and external presentations as well as briefing preparation process for visits and executive meetings, collaborating with the relevant Policy Team leads to ensure that presentation materials are finalized and approved.
- Develop and maintain templates for critical, frequently used documents for the policy team.
- Manage contacts database.
- Serve as lead for coordinating strategic action items, OKRs, budget process and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain processes related to onboarding new consultants, renewing contracts, coordinating payments for groups and sponsorships, interacting with Political Law team as necessary.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree.
- 3-4 years of experience managing events, logistics, government affairs, and/or public policy operations.
- Experience working with government officials.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel when appropriate and required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make judgement with great political sensitivities and deftness.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Database management experience.
- Solution-oriented approach to problems.
- Ability to build and maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical communications skills.
- Familiarity and interest in public policy and government affairs.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.