Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Production Hardware Engineer role you'll:
- Conduct component, board and system level test coverage analysis to identify failure root cause and to ensure manufacturing related defects are detected prior to product shipment
- Develop manufacturing test plans for new products
- Develop and maintain test stations including hardware and software for board, subassembly and system level testing
- Manage suppliers to deliver automation, test equipment, fixtures and tools per design requirements
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage test line bring-up including automation
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in hardware design, digital and analog circuit analysis, board bringing-up and troubleshooting
- Experience in Python software development
- Experience in manufacturing test development involving software and hardware
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in embedded SW development
- Strong experience in networking
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.