Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
The Waymo Product Operations team is the glue amongst Product, Engineering, Strategy, Business Development and Operations to ensure the launch and smooth operations of Waymo objectives. The team is also responsible for ensuring that Waymo Operations has the tools and technology infrastructure to be successful. Product Operations interfaces closely with Product and Engineering teams to set and execute the vision and roadmap for software and hardware required to support Waymo’s objectives and the Operations team. This includes building the technical infrastructure to support vehicle operations, customer support, and driving operations.
As a Product Operations Manager, you will partner with Operations Leadership, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers to envision, build and execute on a variety of strategic initiatives needed to enable a delightful experience for riders and customers in Autonomous transportation modalities and to help Waymo operate safely, efficiently, and at scale in three exciting industries: ride hailing, trucking, and delivery. This is a critical, senior-level position in which you will be empowered to drive Waymo’s success in big cities by supporting its ability to establish and scale its operating footprint efficiently and effectively.
In this position, you'll:
- Be the leader for one of Waymo’s top strategic priorities and forward looking several years out
- Be a key strategic thought partner for cross functional leaders across the organization
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers and Operations teams to define Waymo’s strategy and roadmap to ensure the successful end-to-end deployment of Waymo’s services in new and existing cities.
- Lead cross-functional programs and stakeholder groups (Operations, Product, Eng, TPM, Legal, Security, etc.) to drive progress on both strategic and tactical priorities.
- Develop timelines to identify and plan for mitigations that address potential challenges that could block progress.
- Develop and support operational readiness testing, oversee and manage execution, ultimately with a view to ensuring scalability.
- Develop high impact documents and presentations to facilitate communication and lead decision making
- Regularly present your work to Waymo leadership and various stakeholder groups.
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Operations Management, Product Management, Technical Program Management, or Strategy and Operations at a relevant technology company.
- Excellent and superior problem solving skills --- ability to break down ambiguous and complex problems into manageable segments, tease out dependencies, risks and mitigations with creative solutions; and get the stakeholders aligned with the strategy
- Highly analytical: Comfortable pulling data and modeling business problems in Excel and leveraging data to derive actionable insights to manage a business area.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous startup environment.
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex technical projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results on time.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Degree(s) in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
- MBA from a top-ranked program
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.