Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Drive the engineering work to create models to predict when cut-ins will happen, determine technical strategies to figure out an appropriate response, and ultimately launch changes to mitigate this key risk.
- Help reduce ambiguity, align across stakeholders on key metrics, ensure the systems run quickly and reliably, then watch improvements roll in
- Bridge across all these teams, balance competing objectives, and ultimately deliver high performance systems
- Manage program fundamentals, including risks, timelines, dependencies, and progress to meet our monthly, quarterly and yearly evaluation goals
- Help engineering teams remove barriers and gain clarity on priorities
- Communicate to management results from execution, risks and path forward
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 2-4+ years as Technical Program Manager
- Strong technical depth in math, statistics, robotics, and/or software architecture
- BS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- 2-4+ years software engineering experience
- Robotics / autonomous vehicle technology experience
- Python, SQL, data modeling and visualization
- Statistics, probability, and prediction
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.