Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this Equity, Inclusion & Diversity Strategist & Program Manager role, you will:
- Report to our Head of EID and operationalize and implement a holistic Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity (EID) strategy and multi-year roadmap that ensures Waymo continues to seek, retain, value and develop people who represent the diversity of the world we live in, and are building a Waymo where everyone belongs.
- Collaborate with our business leadership and our People team, in particular HR Business Partners, Recruiting and Learning & Development to provide insights, resources, tools and actions as it relates to workforce planning, talent acquisition and inclusion strategies to support our EID strategy.
- Build strong relationships with our employee resource groups, provide leadership and guidance on all programs and efforts.
- Partner closely with our EID Leadership Council, a group of Waymo senior leaders providing thought leadership and ensuring the company continues to prioritize EID at Waymo.
- Influence decisions related to people practices and priorities through data, analysis and recommendations for Waymo’s business that aligns with the company's people values.
- As a subject matter expert, create a learning environment by championing awareness, education, commitment, and accountability for the employee experience while influencing change cross-functionally.
- Develop holistic success measures into our EID practices and implement appropriate measurements to track our EID efforts and accomplishments.
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in Human Resources, Equity, Inclusion and Diversity or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working in Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) as an integral part of your role
- 5+ years of experience driving projects and programs as integral part of your role
It’s preferred if you have:
- Proven experience with integrating Equity, Inclusion and Diversity (EID) into existing systems and processes, while designing new ones.
- Execution focus with ability to scale and deliver EID programs and plans in partnership with cross-functional teams in support of the EID vision and overarching strategy.
- Systems thinker with demonstrated experience leading significant change processes effectively and efficiently both in the short-term and long-term for an outcome over time.
- Experience in client-facing roles to engage, listen, educate and respond with priority actions in partnership with key stakeholders across various functions and levels.
- Experience in interpreting external and internal trends, innovation and thinking and translating them into effective practices.
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, drive decisions and measure impact.
- Track record of strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in a high-paced, fast growing environment.
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and influencing skills at all levels within an organization, and externally on behalf of the company.
- Adaptability and resilience - willingness to experiment, conduct retrospectives and harness learnings to shape actions.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.