Strategic Partner Development Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Development and Partnerships team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build, manage and evolve strong partnerships to support Waymo’s business objectives
- Develop business and partnership strategies
- Structure and negotiate custom / first of their kind partnership agreements with win-win incentives and balanced terms
- Evaluate and maintain partner engagement by building trusted relationships with partners and developing a thorough understanding of their priorities and challenges
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents (e.g. internally with Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and Finance teams, and externally at both the executive and working levels) to drive significant business impact
- Articulate business & product requirements in collaboration with technical stakeholders, taking into consideration Waymo’s overall strategy and objectives
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in business development or strategic partnerships or a similar partner-facing role in the technology or transportation sector
- Experience structuring and negotiating strategic partnership or other custom agreements
- Experience operating within and leading cross-functional efforts (with Product, Engineering, Legal, Policy, Operations, etc.), including on highly sensitive, complex and / or confidential initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including articulating key business, legal and technical points with both partners and internal teams, including at the executive level
- Strong problem-solving skills, including an entrepreneurial and creative approach, attention to detail, and demonstrated collaboration instincts
- Self-motivation and a sense of urgency and ownership around delivering on team goals
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, strong desire to build something that has not yet been built before, and an ability to manage through the ups and downs of this uncertainty
- Experience developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- Experience bringing new technology to market
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.