Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role, you’ll:
- Answer calls and communicate effectively with mobile operatives in the field
- Communicate and work cross-functionally with various teams to maintain the fleet
- Provide detailed and relevant technical feedback to key stakeholders with Operations, Product and Engineering.
- Work with business partners to scope out AIs required to meet team and program goals
- Respond to and handle emergency situations with composure
- Manage various projects as assigned to safely scale operation
- Work on well-defined requests and projects with limited scope, with supervision.
- Execute initiatives of process improvements with local impact, and escalate as needed.
- Conduct high complexity autonomous vehicle troubleshooting or problem solve independently.
- Conduct metrics management and reporting.
- Create relevant impact on shift productivity, safety, or quality objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Provide progress updates to managers on assigned deliverables (e.g., on track or slipping on schedule).
- Drive compliance of policies, processes, and performance metrics on your shift
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree and/or 4-5 years of equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of management, mentoring and/or instructor experience within the AV industry (resource planning, allocation, optimization, reporting, etc.)
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations. Moonlight shifts generally begin around 2 pm and will include weekend rotations, specific schedules to be set by your manager. Based on business needs you may be requested to work a temporary alternative schedule.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 35% of the time or more as needed
It’s preferred if you have:
- 1 year of experience in dispatching or coordinating logistics
- Ability to remain flexible with the changing needs of the business
- Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.