Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As a member of the Communications team, you’ll be on the cutting edge of bringing autonomous driving technology to the public, developing strategies that will increase understanding, acceptance, and adoption of this life-saving technology. We work with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other influencers to tell stories about Waymo and the potential of our technology to change how we move and live. We partner with the engineering, business, policy, marketing, and product teams to create messaging for new products and other initiatives, counter misinformation, and shape our reputation.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work closely with leaders from across the organization, helping to guide, consult and craft their messages to reinforce our strong culture
- Plan, edit and produce content for a variety of internal communications mediums, including emails, company intranet, all-hands, videos
- Identify opportunities and execute communications plans for building company culture between and among all our workforce
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders and represent the communications group in cross-functional teams across the company
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience, including time focused on internal or executive communications
- Strong detail orientation, program/project management experience helpful
- Experience working cross-functionally in different job functions (tech vs. non-tech)
- Experience with managing multiple projects concurrently and working autonomously
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
It’s preferred if you have:
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience writing and turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content
- Ability to work independently and deliver on deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong executive presence
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.