Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you’ll:
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analysis, developing robust recommendations and driving them through to completion.
- Contribute to Waymo’s recruiting reporting infrastructure, inclusive of creating/tracking key performance metrics, mining them for actionable insights, and ensuring that data is gathered and optimally structured to enable useful reporting, dashboards and data analysis.
- Document and evolve Waymo’s hiring processes, spotting and acting on opportunities to improve/automate/innovate them, while maintaining a strong focus on candidate quality, user experience, and recruiter productivity.
- Serve as the resident expert on our third-party tools and services, effectively managing those relationships and exploring, and implementing new ones.
- Manage and iterate recruiting related programs and projects aimed at building team member capabilities, delivering a best-in-class candidate experience, and scaling our services into the future.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a Business Operations, or Management Consulting role, preferably in a high growth and demanding environment in a recruiting or HR function.
- 2+ years of analytical experience tracking metrics and working with data to uncover trends, report on results, inform business decisions and improve business processes.
- Experience improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- Proven program and project management skills, from design through to execution of complex, large-scale initiatives, with a bias for action and dependable, self-directed follow-through.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance and flexibility.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with a high rate of change and the ability to successfully navigate ambiguity.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude - ready to roll up your sleeves and trail blaze through uncharted territory.
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.