Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you’ll:
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution; provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
- Consult with Waymo leaders to create and execute a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions
- Provide expertise in the following areas: organizational development, career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Develop and drive change management initiatives within your client groups
- Contribute to the development of HR programs and processes such as workforce and succession planning, learning and development, performance management, etc.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA or Master's degree preferred
- 7 years relevant work experience, including HR experience, consulting, business partnership
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions; effective balance of tailoring solutions and standardization
- Great at influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data and can manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to communicate large complex changes
It’s preferred if you have:
- MA/MS or MBA degree
- Experience working as a management consultant, working with external clients
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.