Product Manager, Trucking Planner
Mountain View, California, United States
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Define the vision and roadmap for the planner stack - the brain of the trucking autonomous system
- Create buy-in for vision and roadmap up to the executive level
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support requirements
- Drive product launches including working with Marketing, Public Relations, and business leaders
- Recruit and develop top-tier product management talent
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 7+ years of experience leading technical products
- Experience leading long term vision and roadmaps to large engineering teams
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning or robotics fields
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Strong communication skills, with experience communicating to executive level audiences
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA or advanced degree in an engineering discipline
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities.
- Strong bias for action; willingness to roll up the sleeves and ability to juggle multiple priorities to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging technologies and committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.