Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work on ground breaking problems that have never been solved before. You will be at the forefront of the first ever autonomous vehicle scaling endeavor and will play a crucial role in its execution.
- Own and define the future for tools used by dispatchers and other Waymo teams managing Waymo’s day to day operations
- Look holistically at Waymo’s Mission Operations and define a sound strategy and roadmap to enable efficient operations
- Understand the current and future needs of our dispatchers and help build software solutions and processes to help them be more effective in their daily work
- Think about Waymo’s long term scalability and design products to help Waymo succeed in scaling, removing bottlenecks as possible
- Drive Waymo’s resource management tools used by our dispatchers and other operation teams to manage and plan Waymo’s daily operations
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A BA/BS degree in computer science or robotics, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of product management experience
- The ability to turn ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A get-things-done attitude and a bias to ownership and action
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, operations and/or technical infrastructure
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.