Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s Quality Operations team aims to maximize vehicle availability and Waymo Driver reliability. We own supply chain manufacturing and quality engineering for our autonomous driving hardware components and support the integration of our vehicles. We actively collaborate with Waymo’s Hardware Engineering teams and external suppliers to ensure all components are built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Technical Program Manager, Quality Operations role, you'll:
- Develop processes for end-to-end quality management from fleet operations through supply chain
- Act as a liaison between Hardware Engineering and Fleet Operations teams to analyze early field failures and improve hardware reliability
- Improve the visibility of end-to-end quality metrics by designing and implementing a centralized reporting tool
- Translate Waymo’s quality strategy into detailed project roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Lead quality resolution and improvements activities on complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Promote and champion a culture of quality and continuous improvement
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in manufacturing and/or quality assurance
- Experienced in developing quality plans, leading failure analysis and performing FMEA
- Strong track record of technical program management, preferably in an automotive or other highly regulated industries
- Detailed knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualization using JMP or Tableau
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
It's preferred if you have:
- Advanced knowledge of quality standards ISO9001, IATF16949 and ISO26262
- ASQ Certification is a plus
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.