Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
As a Process Excellence Project Manager, you will partner with Operations Leadership, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers to deliver Process Excellence on high impact and visible strategic projects through continuous improvement and process engineering to enable a delightful experience for riders and customers in Autonomous transportation modalities and to help Waymo operate safely, efficiently, and at scale in three exciting industries: ride hailing, trucking, and delivery. This is a critical position in which you will be empowered to drive Waymo’s success in big cities by supporting its ability to establish and scale its operating footprint efficiently and effectively.
In this position, you will:
- Drive process improvement initiatives to streamline human dependent processes, reduce variability, decrease cost and decrease lead time
- Mentor, coach, and teach front line staff and on lean efficiency principles
- Partner with Operations teams and Product Managers to identify bottlenecks, conduct gap assessments, and map the current state
- Facilitate cross functional problem solving to design counter measures and corrective actions
- Develop and led project implementation plans and manage the change management to ensure adoption of the desired future state
- Be a key strategic thought partner for cross functional leaders across the organization
- Develop timelines to identify and plan for mitigations that address potential challenges that could block progress
- Develop high impact documents and presentations to facilitate communication and lead decision making
- Regularly present your work to Waymo leadership and various stakeholder groups
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 6+ years’ experience in operations management, program management, and/or project management
- Excellent and superior problem solving skills: ability to break down ambiguous and complex problems into manageable segments, tease out dependencies, risks and mitigations with creative solutions; and get the stakeholders aligned with the strategy
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous startup environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results on time
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills.
- Bachelors Degree(s) in Engineering, Business or related technical field
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from an accredited institution
It’s preferred if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in business process optimization, applying process improvement Lean Six Sigma methodologies to optimize processes
- Masters Degree(s) in Engineering, Business or related technical field
- Experience leading Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) initiatives or Toyota Production System
- Highly analytical: Comfortable pulling data, analyzing underlying root cause and creating SPC control charts in Excel, Tableau, or Data Studio
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite and SQL
- PMP Certification in Project Management, Prosci Change Management, or similar
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from an accredited institution
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.