Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Engineering Operations complements automation by providing the human expertise necessary to build HD maps, label perception data, and ensure the safety and efficacy of the Waymo driver by evaluating real-world and simulated events and building test scenarios, all done with extraordinary levels of accuracy.
In this role, you’ll:
- Setup and drive the execution of the third party labeling operations with associated processes to ensure successful completion of the program. This includes, and is not limited to, defining success metrics, building product and program expertise within vendor ecosystem, setting up processes to measure and manage product quality.
- Manage large projects from concept to launch, developing and coordinating realistic project estimates, plans, and/or metrics, working and communicating effectively with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Operations and customers
- Collect third party labeling demand, iterates with ML model owners on labeling needs, strategies, and ensure proper execution by the partner(s)
- Continuously suggest ways to benefit Waymo labeling by leveraging their knowledge of the labeling marketplace and the constraints of our labeling operations
- Lead Requests For Proposals and sets up Statement Of Work in collaboration with the Partnership team
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress, potential risks & delays and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors. Take the lead in driving cross-office collaboration and resolving any differences.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical and business discipline
- 3+ Years experience in Program Management managing large project with both internal and external partners
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to define projects, execute within timelines, with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget. Ability to work independently and on multiple complex initiatives at the same time.
- Passion for Autonomous Vehicle technology
- Job is based in Mountain View, CA and cannot be performed remotely
It’s preferred if you have:
- Overall 5+ years of work experience with 3 years project management experience managing large-scale and dynamic technical projects with external vendors
- Able to work closely/credibly with highly technical teams
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.