Detroit, Michigan, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Engineering Operations complements automation by providing the human expertise necessary to build HD maps, label perception data, and ensure the safety and efficacy of the Waymo driver by evaluating real-world and simulated events and building test scenarios, all done with extraordinary levels of accuracy.
In this role, you'll:
- Engage with subject matter experts within Engineering Operations to identify required technical skills and capability at all levels
- Independently conduct training needs analysis and identify training gaps with measurable impact on the business
- Effectively plan and prioritize projects, managing timelines and impact on concurrent training programs
- Generate monthly reports on training metrics, and present plans to continuously improve training effectiveness, and engagement
- Review the final products developed by a team of instructional designers
- Identify process improvement opportunities; document processes to ensure smooth onboarding and operation for Training and Development team members
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of L&D, Technical Training, or other related experience
- 3+ years of Project Management experience with large, complex projects and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience working with fast-paced cutting edge technologies
- Proven experience in designing and implementing learning strategies, initiatives, and technical programs for people at all levels
- Strong knowledge and design skills in change management, organizational design, systems thinking, strategic communications, consultative skills, process development
It's preferred if you have:
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations management
- Proficient in automating processes using scripting language (e.g. SQL or Python or other)
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.