Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you’ll:
- Engage and assess passive talent by staying abreast of market trends, industry best practices, driving recruiting events and conducting in-depth interviews
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Waymo's roles, staffing best practices and workflows, and tools in addition to thoroughly document work in the applicant tracking system
- Be a strategic partners with recruiters and clients to build comprehensive search strategies and build talent pipelines for roles now and in the future
- Act as a brand ambassador for Waymo, effectively communicating and championing our value proposition to attract and close highly sought after candidates
- Utilize creative resources to identify and attract talented individuals and build representative pipelines, while providing a magical and high touch candidate experience
- Be a fungible team player, ready to apply your sourcing skills to any area of the business as needed due to shifting hiring priorities
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of relevant sourcing experience working with software engineering candidates and clients
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong executive presence and an ability to influence at all levels
- Proven ability to screen candidates for interest level, availability, relocation needs etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- 3+ years recruiting in-house sourcing experience, preferably in the AV technology industry
- Prior experience supporting scaled career fairs, hiring events and university events
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience working in a rapidly growing startup
- Deep network of talent from past recruiting experience
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.