Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Wherever Waymo works, Business Support teams are on the job. We’re the real estate specialists who find and build amazing workspaces and research facilities; the systems experts who develop and run our intuitive IT and business tools; the multitasking administrators who plan events, manage vendors, and orchestrate the daily activities of our teams and leaders. Together, we do everything it takes to keep Waymo rolling.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for site due diligence, negotiations of transaction work letter documents, permitting, design oversight and build out of a variety of locations across workplace, lab, industrial and manufacturing typologies
- Synthesize and present executive-level business cases for capital investment strategies across a diverse portfolio of projects
- Build trusted relationships across the business and act as liaison to ensure alignment between investments and the portfolio strategies. Effectively communicate expectations, requirements and status of deals to key business stakeholders, building a culture of speed, flexibility and frugality for solutioning
- Closely collaborate with REWS operations and capacity planning teams as well as Waymo legal, finance and procurement teams in order to deliver highly successful projects as well as Google security, network and other partners
- Innovate and execute processes and tools to ensure the complete cycle from site search due diligence through deal execution to the first day of business is completed consistently and predictably, managing ever-changing variety of internal initiatives and projects. Create, innovate and implement relevant systems of metrics to plan, manage and measure performance pertaining to the project delivery process
- Travel, as permitted by company policies, approximately 15% of the time as required to source and deliver projects
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 10+ years of real estate project management of industrial operations, R&D lab and commercial office of at least 300,000 square feet
- R&D lab delivery experience for hard labs as well as other technical expertise with building and site infrastructure
- Experience leading large scale real estate construction projects, orchestrating teams of project managers, architects, contractors, consultants and attorneys through deal flows at values of $20M each and greater
- Exceptional project delivery skills, including the ability to gather relevant jurisdictional limitations and roadblocks, as well as communicate recommendations effectively to various stakeholders
- Advanced financial reporting and analysis acumen as well as budget management
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements to streamline the full project delivery cycle
It’s preferred if you have:
- A track record of proven objective analysis, having delivering projects in an atmosphere where speed, flexibility and frugality are the norm
- Business relationship management expertise
- Degree in real estate, business administration or finance
- Automotive and/or rideshare sector interest, if not experience
- Drive to work in a startup environment, ideally in tech industry
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.