Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
The Fleet Response team supports the Waymo Driver’s needs in the field to ensure successful missions. We need a manager to build a robust feedback loop between the Product and Engineering teams that build Fleet Response tools and the Operations teams that use them. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with Product Operations experience looking to move into a management role and build their own Product Operations team.
In this role, you'll:
- Ensure Fleet Response tools are useful, intuitive and reliable for the teams that support the Waymo Driver. Be the voice and advocate for Operations to Product and Eng teams
- Formalize best practices around the development and launch of new products, facilitate betas, ensure Operations needs are met and products are thoroughly tested
- Collaborate with Training & Quality teams to ensure teams are properly trained on tool functionality and analyze performance data to continuously improve operations
- Identify new tools necessary for the Operations team’s success, develop Business Requirements Documents and collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to incorporate plans into the development pipeline
- Create bug identification and triage standards
- Build the Fleet Response Product Operations team through recruiting, training, defining team policies, and managing supporting individual contributors
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 3+ years in Product Operations or Program Management for a technical product area
- Experience developing feedback loops between Product/Eng and teams representing the end-user, whether it’s customer support, sales, or internal operations teams
- Experience facilitating the development of tools with a focus on user experience, user interfaces, or human factors
- Knowledge of SQL and some basic statistics
- Bachelor’s degree
It's preferred if you have:
- An MBA or Masters in a quantitative area
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.