Chandler, Arizona, United States
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role you'll:
- Develop and manage the Quality and Training programs for the Fleet Response team in collaboration with a training content team. Work to identify holes in the Training & Quality programs and strive for continual quality improvement
- Work with a data scientist to track and report on Fleet Response Quality metrics, identify trends, driving factors, and develop actionable insights
- Work with Product Operations to set SLAs and hold operators accountable, develop strategies to help operators meet SLAs
- Collaborate with with product, operations, and strategic stakeholders to develop processes and relevant trainings to ensure optimal outcomes when supporting our customers and the Waymo Driver
- Collaborate with vendor management teams and manage their quality and training programs to ensure operators receive the training and coaching they need for high performance
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years experience working in Quality or Training in operations or similar field
- 3+ years experience managing a Quality or Training program
- Superb communication and leadership skills
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time if not based in Phoenix or Detroit.
It's preferred if you have:
- Sufficient knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) to work with a data scientist to access the data you need
- Experience with creating and presenting data visualizations
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.